From the experience of actually going out and filming as well
as learning how to edit with the Mac’s on iMovie, I now know what camera rules
need to be followed such as the 180° rule. This rule is absolutely essential
as we control what the audience sees. This is known as framing, which from this
activity I have learnt that what the audience sees needs to make sense and
should not confuse them as this would have a secondary affect on the narrative.
It is crucial for the camera to show where characters are going and that the
camera acts as a 3rd person, the audience in this case. The places
in which we recorded could have been thought out better as ever few minutes
there were students walking past to go to the bathroom. The noises from the
toilets being flushed and the hand dryer being turned on were caught on the
audio and stopped us from filming. To avoid this next time we need to either
record outside of school time, places within the school that aren’t being used between
lessons or to stay behind for an hour or so to be able to film after school.
When I was in the process of editing I had acknowledged that
the slightest error could ruin a whole video/film/trailer. It is important that
the editor is fully focused on the task and is always alert to avoid this
problem. From editing on iMovie I have learnt how to make clean cuts and to get
the exact timings of actions happening between shots and making sure what I’m
editing has continuity. I have also learnt how to make shots run smoothly
together without, meaning that the viewer does not get confused with what is
happening in the video. This will help at a later date with the Thriller
Trailer task as all my newly-found knowledge will come in to play when editing
the trailer. A problem that I faced whilst editing was making the cut-away’s too
short or too long, this made the video look out of sync with the timings. From
this my group have learnt a way to avoid this when set another task along the
same line would be to record shots for longer and collect more variety of
scenes.
No comments:
Post a Comment