Wednesday, 5 October 2016

4. Evaluate the quality of your editing. Comment on how easy it was to edit, what editing skills you’ve learnt/developed, whether you achieved continuity.




Learning the skills of how to edit on iMovie was a lot less complicated than I had thought it would be. It didn’t take me too long to master all of the techniques I had been shown in a short amount of time. I have managed to gain a lot of knowledge from this activity that will definitely help me later on when preparing and planning my thriller trailer and various other filming activities. I do believe that my group have been successful in this activity as the shots are smooth and have been edited together to make sense to signify continuity within the short film as well as using a variety of different shot distances.
I have learnt the following so far:
-Transferring footage onto a Mac
-Putting the footage in to iMovie
-Taking the footage and dragging it into the editing tab
-How to remove the audio from footage
-Changing the colourations of a video
-Joining clips together
-Deleting footage from the editing tab
-Splitting a clip into sections
-Adding titles
-Changing the length of time the titles last for
-Framing/cropping shots
-Exporting the finished product onto a memory stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment